Wednesday 13 February 2013

Sail Away



Barefoot I stand on rocky shore
Watching you sail away once more
The light of your ship quickly dimming
As distance grows, teary eyes brimming
I thought I would at least hear a good bye
Instead you left me here alone to cry
I would walk across glass, swim across oceans
Turn back the tide on what set this in motion
All those thoughts that poured out of my head
All those words that I shouldn't have said
I just wanted you to know what I was feeling
I didn't think it would send you reeling
You made me feel alive, treasured, turned my world upside down
Now that smile you brought is replaced with a frown
I love you more than you will ever know
Those three words I will never tell you so
If one day you find the winds are changing
Those sails that carried you away are rearranging
Don't come sailing back to me
I'm locking up my heart and throwing away the key


(c) SA MacNeil


No comments:

Post a Comment