I was awarded the Shine On Award by the lovely Deb Lane
- Words from Across Oceania | http://debradml.com/
- Twitter - @DebraDML
~ ~ ~
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
~ ~ ~
7 Fascinating* Things About Me:
(*If by fascinating you mean completely random and not fascinating at all)
- My heart lies in the ocean. It intrigues me, mystifies me, mesmerizes me, and terrifies me all at the same time. I love the ocean.
- Did I mention I love water? I think I was a mermaid in a previous life. I could spend all my days at the beach or in a pool. Though I don't swim very well. Hmm.....maybe that's how mermaid me died :-/
- My family and friends describe me as having a rather dry, slightly sarcastic sense of humour. I take great pride in this.
- When I laugh, I cry. And when I cry, my face gets all red and blotchy and my eyes swell up. So basically, anytime I have a good laugh, I end up looking like someone beat me.
- I'm a scientist. An environmental scientist actually, and a freshwater biologist to be exact. Though I'm not working in any field related to this whatsoever...that's a long story requiring wine.
- I'm an animal lover. In fact I like animals more than most people. Though I'm not sure animals like me. I have a history of animal encounters - wolves, moose, bears, alligators. But the most recent was a chickadee attack. They're my favorite bird too...or at least they were. Don't underestimate the sweet faced chickadee.
- Ok last one, better make it count...I'm married; I love to read; I love to sing (much to the dismay of those within earshot); I love music; I love candy; I love going for walks; I love the forest; I love going for walks in the forest; I'm a skeptical believer in ghosts; my favorite colours are blue, green and pink; I'm afraid of clowns, spiders, creepy old dolls, blood, and public speaking; the sound of bagpipes makes me cry like a baby; and for being as curmudgeonly as I can be, I'm just a big softy at heart :)
~ ~ ~
And now it is my job to nominate 15 other deserving bloggers. Many of the people I'd like to nominate have already been nominated....but I'm going to ignore that and nominate them anyway because they deserve it. So, in no particular order...
Karen M. Hanks | @ KarenMHanks
Magenta Nero | @Magenta_Nero
Caroline | @CarolineD_13
B.L. Ronan | @missb1331
Justarandomscot | @justarandomscot
Amelia Oesmani | @AmeliaOesmani
Chris Kuhn | @ChrisKuhnAuthor
A S Wilkins | @stomachingsense
Francis Potts | @FPotts
Benjamin Prewitt | @bmpstudio
Chase Boehner | @ChaseBoehner
~ ~ ~
Thank you again to Deb for nominating me. I'm truly honoured :)